The autopilot software is structured into several folders, which are all build by a single Makefile. See also the written software documentation IMU / Flight control Software and the automatic generated API documentation: IMU/Autopilot API docs.
- mavlink – comm protocol
- include – C-files for MAVLINK
- arm7 – platform specific code for LPC2148
- armcortex – platform specific code for Cortex M3/Cortex M4
- conf – global configuration
- hal – hardware abstraction layer, convenient hardware access
- system – system services, such as communication, remote control, watchdog
- controllers – flight controller code
- fusion – sensor fusion, attitude and position Kalman filters
You have to install the LPC2148 toolchain for either Windows, Linux or MacOS to compile and flash the IMU firmware.
After the GCC compiler is installed, the next step is to download the source code with GIT and edit/compile with Eclipse.
- Eclipse and LPC2148 – Download the code and compile with Eclipse.
You have to install the LPC2148 toolchain for either Windows or Linux to compile and flash the IMU firmware.