This is the complete list of materials (and soon the assembly instructions) for the Cheetah quadrotor.
This order list is a rough recommendation. It should contain all parts, but some familiarity with R/C equipment is assumed.
We use both the Futaba 2.4 GHz and the “old” 35 MHz system internally with comparable results.
IMPORTANT NOTE: THE RECEIVERS NEED TO OUTPUT THE PPM SUM SIGNAL, SO ONLY THE SUM-SIGNAL TYPE RECEIVERS SHOWN HERE WILL WORK
- 35 MHz Receiver produkt link 65.00
The quadrotor can be assembled with an aluminium or composite frame.
- 1x Frame Product Link 80.15
- 2x PIXHAWK Cheetah center plate (contact us for details)
- 1x Main cross (xx g)
- 1x Battery plate (xx g)
- 1x Camera mount top plate (xx g)
- 1x Camera mount front plate (xx g)
- 1x Camera mount bottom plate (xx g)
All Materials available from http://www.swiss-composite.ch/
- CFK Sandwichplates 4,6mm 714.8075 CFK-Wabenplatte 4,6mm Dick 800 x 750mm 1/1 Platte CHF 207.05
|714.8075||CFK-Wabenplatte 4,6mm Dick 800 x 750mm 1/1 Platte Stk.||207.05||191.10||185.40||177.45|
- Alternative source for Carbon composites sandwich (Foam core, heavier)
- Cutting / Milling about 400 CHF
- 3x 35mm M3 Spacer (camera tray)
- 4x 30mm M3 Spacer (battery tray)
- 4x 6mm M3 Spacer (between upper battery tray slab and power distribution PCB)
- 4x 10mm M3 Spacer (between distribution PCB and main frame)
- 18x 10mm M3 Polyamid Screws (carbon frame parts)
- 4x 16mm M3 Polyamid Screws (power distribution PCB)
- 16x 6mm M3 Polyamid Screws (motors)
- 4x 10mm damped M3 spacer (with screw on one side)
- 4x 6mm M2.5 spacer (between base board and damped spacer)
- 4x 8mm M2.5 spacer (between base board and comEx board)
- 4x 6mm M2 spacer (between IMU and baseboard)
- 4x 6mm M3/M2.5 threaded bolt (polyamid, make this by hand with a M2.5 threader)
- 8x 3mm M2 flat head steel screw (IMU)
ONLY ONE OF THESE BATTERIES IS NEEDED PER FLIGHT (ORDER MULTIPLE PER VEHICLE)
- Deans ultra (on each battery and 1x the counter-part for the quadrotor)
These peripherals are connected to the main computer.
- Option B) AVM FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick 300 Mbit/s 802.11N (Digitec SFr 84.00)
- Solder the power distribution PCB
As we're using the Mikrokopter BLMCs, this assembly tutorial is quite helpful (but of course only matches regarding the I2C motor controllers): Mikrokopter BLMC assembly